Born in Tasmania (Australia), actress Jessica Green landed her first major lead role on television in 2012. She stared in australian series Lightning Point as Kiki during twenty six episodes. After that, some of her most recognized works have been in Ash vs. Evil Dead (Starz) and Cleopatra (Netflix). Last year, Jessica landed the starring lead role of Talon in The Outpost, a fantasy adventure series airing on CW (Unites States) and SYFY channels (worldwide), that premieres next week in our country.
In our latest exclusive interview, we’ve been able to sit down with Jessica and talk about the show, her experiences and her thoughts about it’s first season.
Check out the interview in Spanish by clicking here.
– Hello Jessica. Your new show, The Outpost, premieres next week in our country. What can you tell us about it? How would you describe it for new viewers?
Talon is a survivor. The last of the Blackblood race, she also endured the destruction of her entire village by a gang of brutal missionaries. Years after that life-defining attack, she travels to a lawless fortress along the edge of the civilized world, tracking the individuals who killed her family. As she makes the journey, she discovers that she possesses a mysterious supernatural power that she must now learn to control, not only to save herself but to defend the world against the tyranny of a fanatical religious dictator.
– How did you land the role of Talon? Did you have to do any special preparation (stunt work, etc.) for the show?
I selftaped for the role from Australia and then went through several Skype interviews. I have been training with MMA (Mixed martial arts) for the past two years for general fitness which gave me an advantage and also some sword training. As we filmed in Utah I flew out two weeks prior for more intense stunt and weapon training with the director in preparation for the role.
– What would you highlight about your character?
Talon is strong and independent. Hopefully, she can serve as a great role model for young girls.
– Do you have any favorite episode or scene during this first season?
I love episodes four and five where I get to the fight with Garrett (Jake Stormoen) and the Demon. Lots of action and fighting with swords. It’s so much fun!
– How important is it for you to have the chance of playing such a strong female character like Talon?
I’ve always wanted to sink my teeth into a role like Talon. I just loved playing such a strong, fierce bad-ass character, and to be able to do most of my own stunts.
– Do you know anything about a potential second season?
Not yet but fingers crossed Season two happens. The fan base has really started to grow so its now a waiting game.
– From your first show (Lightning Point) to The Outpost, what can you say about your evolution as an actress?
I was only sixteen when I landed Lightning Point with no real training in acting, so six months filming the show with an acting coach was such an amazing experience, I loved every moment of filming and have worked hard on my craft ever since to better myself. I feel The Outpost is really showcasing my growth as an actress.
– Fun fact before we finish. As a viewer, does Jessica Green have any favorites TV Shows?
Yes! The Office, Brooklyn Nine-Nine and Game of Thrones.
An interview by Chris Patterson for Lovingseries.