Young actress Mary-Charles Jones is currently one of the stars of CBS’s hit comedy Kevin Can Wait. On the show she plays the role of Sara Gable, the daughter of Kevin (Kevin James). Recently, she has also been seed on other popular shows like Hot In Cleveland, New Girl and Grey’s Anatomy among others. Check out our latest exclusive interview. We’ve been able to sit down with her to talk about Kevin Can Wait’s second season.
Check out the Spanish version by clicking on this link.
– After one season on Kevin Can Wait, what can you tell us about your experience on the show?
This show has been such a blessing to me. I am having so much fun and I am so excited for the future of the show. It’s so wonderful to work with these talented comedians like Kevin and Leah who have been perfecting their craft for so long. I have made so many great friendships and have learned so many things. I can’t wait to see what the future holds.
– Season has just premiered. What will we be seeing? What’s new for your character Sara?
This season we have some storylines focused on Sara going through the normal ups and downs of high school. She is learning how to navigate he life with just her dad and siblings around. I think we will be seeing a lot more of the family together.
– This season comes with a big cast shake up. Leah Remini is joining the show after the departure of Erinn Hayes. How does this news change the show and its established dynamics?
The show picks up a year after Sara’s mom has passed. We will get to see Kevin navigating life as a single Dad. People will also see Kevin go back to work as he teams up with Leah Remini. I think Kevin as a single dad helps lead to some great comedy between him and Sara.
– Kevin Can Wait was last season’s top rated new comedy. What’s the secret of the show’s success?
Well it wouldn’t be a secret if I told you (laughs). I honestly think this shows success comes from its family dynamic. You can truly watch the show with your entire family and everyone will laugh. We also try to keep our jokes kid friendly so that your whole family can watch it together. I think that aspect really helps contribute to the show’s success.
– Before we finish, let us know. Are you working on any other project right now?
Currently I am just working on filming season two of Kevin Can Wait. I’m also trying to get my drivers license so I consider that a project in and of itself (laughs).
An interview by Chris Patterson for Lovingseries.
Photo credit : Michael Creagh.