Thomas Barbusca is the young american actor who plays the character of Chip Pemberton on FOX’s comedy series The Mick. Besides this rol, recently we have seen Thomas star on other popular shows like Grey’s Anatomy, Wet Hot American Summer, Preacher or American Horror Story.
In a new exclusive interview, we’ve been speaking with him about his experience on The Mick and the show’s first season.
Checkout the interview in Spanish clicking this link.
– Hi Thomas, The Mick has just wrapped up it’s first season on FOX, a great season that has put the show on the map as one of the most popular comedies of the moment. What can you tell us about your experience on this first year?
This has been the best year of my life. This show is the best experience I’ve ever had. Working with this group of talented actors and writers has been a dream come true. I’m am so grateful.
– Recently we have seen you on many other TV shows but this one has been you first big main role on a television series. How do you feel? Did you have any extra pressure or motivation?
I feel very grateful and humble. I’m just so happy to be among his great cast. They teach me everyday to be a better actor.
– What do you think is the secret of the show’s success?
I think Kaitlin is a genius and a huge part of the success of the show. The Mick is surprising, bold and brilliant. There’s an edge to the writing that just walks the cable line, but also makes it perfect and sets it apart from other prime time shows.
– Tell us about Chip, your character. What would you highlight about his evolution since the start of the show? What would you like to be next for him in the future?
I think Chip is learning to be open minded more to what Mickey says. In the beginning he thought he had all the answers and now I feel like he’s open to listening. He still thinks money can buy anything, but hopefully sees that he doesn’t always have to be a jerk. Chip does have a good heart when he shows it. As for the future, I’d like to see Chip maybe get a job.
– Can you tell us anything about next season?
Let’s just say the Pemberton’s will have some big changes!
– Is The Mick as hilarious behind the scenes as it is on screen? Do you recall any fun moment on set?
Every minute on that set is hilarious. Just constant laughing and playing tricks on each other.
– It seems a great moment for comedy in television right now. Is there any other shows you follow?
I’m a big fan of It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia and SNL.
– Before we finish, let us know. Are your working on anything else right now?
I just filmed an indie called Search, directed by Aneesh Chaganty; who was my very first director I worked with on a short film.
An interview by Chris Patterson for Lovingseries,