TBS‘s hit comedy show The Detour’s third season premieres tonight (January 23rd). In a new exclusive interview for our sight, we’ve been talking to Ashley Gerasimovich, the young and talented actress who plays Delilah Parker on the show. Ashley has spoken with us about her experiences on the show and told us what to expect on this new adventure of the Parker family!
Check out here the Spanish version of the interview.
– Hi Ashley. Let me ask you first, how did you get your role on The Detour? What was the audition process like?
It all started 3 years ago. I was 10 years old and I actually auditioned with my older sister for the first round. At the callback was where I met Jason Jones, and both auditions were great, but the real fun started when I flew to Los Angeles for the final callback! I was with three other girls, and that process lasted all day. A couple of days after I got home to New York, I received the phone call saying I got the job! It was some of the best news I’ve ever heard!
– Tell us about your experience on the show during this time.
My experience on the show has been absolutely amazing! The crew was so fun to work with, and each season, I feel like the cast and I grew a closer bond to being an actual family! Every time I went back to film anther season, it felt more like I was seeing a second family and less like I was just meeting other cast members.
– In season one we saw you on a family road-trip and in season two you guys moved to New York looking for a fresh start. We know that in season three the Parkers will be in Alaska. What can we expect?
You can expect way more crazier adventures from the Parker’s this season, possibly even more than season one and two! Near the end of this season, you can expect some huge surprises, one even involving Delilah. So stay tuned!
– Also we’ve read that this year Delilah starts to become a young woman. Tell us more about that.
Delilah definitely becomes even more rebellious in this season. Her crazy family and their zany adventures definitely affect her, especially in her decision making department. You’ll also notice a change in her wardrobe as the season progresses. So exciting!
– What would you highlight about Delilah’s evolution during the first two seasons? Is there anything special you would like for her in the future?
In the first season, Delilah showed a sarcastic and street smart side, who puts everyone in their place when needed (which was quite a lot!) and in the second season, she showed a much quirkier side to her. She also showed an extreme attachment to her brother, becoming a bit clingy when he wants to branch off and start meeting other people.
– What do you do in your free time? Do you watch TV? Any favorite shows?
I do enjoy things like Taekwondo and writing stories, but I LOVE TV!!! A show that I really love is called Steven Universe, a cartoon about other worldly beings called Gems protecting Earth with a boy who is half-human, half-Gem. I really love it!
– Before we finish, are you working on any other projects right now?
Since finishing filming season three, I’ve started auditioning, but I’m also really enjoying the break I’ve been having!
An interview by Chris Patterson for Lovingseries.
Photo credit : Michael Creagh.